Announcements

Other places you can find me at: here and here.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Some thoughts...


This blog as a timeline
  • Evolution as a reader: Scrolling through my old posts, I can actually see how I've evolved as a reader. As a reader, I am no longer the same as I was in July 2009. I like different genres, different authors. I have different expectations.
Before, it was very difficult for me to write reviews because I was basically writing the same review over and over and over. I haven't updated in the longest time, mostly because I feel my position as a reader has changed. In my old reviews, I was so easily pleased. I had very little criticism about every book I read. And now, I'm finding myself being more critical, more demanding. Looking back, I cannot imagine Kim Now loving some of the books Kim Old loved in the past. Like, maybe. But love? No. Authors that I would have never thought about loving are some of the ones I love now.

I used to hate open endings--pitchforks, anyone?--and now, I appreciate them. I've learned to admire their depth and understand their ambiguity. Ambiguity is a huge part of our lives, and sometimes reading about ambiguity helps us come to terms with the uncertainty in our lives.

Honestly, I actually cringe reading some of my old reviews. But in some ways, I am still the same. I still take my fangirling to extremes. (Recently made a Facebook account for Augustus Waters. Guess who is in a relationship with him on Facebook? Heh. THIS GIRL. YEAH. WHAT IS LIFE.)

I am so thankful for this blog and other blogs because the truth is, we are still evolving as readers and as writers. Our blogs are timelines of that process.

Semi-hiatus is over. I am ready to start blogging again!~

17 comments:

sarah said...

wow, i completely agree.

Sandy said...

*hugs* best post yet! I agree as well...we change as time goes by and I've undergone a similar transformation as a reader too.

Great picture, btw ;)

Unknown said...

You had me with the shrooms :D

This is so totally true, and I recently had the same thoughts while looking back at my blog! There are some books that got high ratings with the PAST me that may not fare well with the CURRENT me. It is weird, but also kinda neat to see how gradually we change without noticing!

IM COOL said...

"I am ready to start blogging again!~"

O.


-in your 6th period

OneWordxIsEnough said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

LOL QUIT IT JASON

Anonymous said...

IM READY TO START BLOGGING AGAIN

Anonymous said...

IM READY TO START BLOGGING AGAIN

Anonymous said...

look at [URL=http://www.coach--outlet-online.net/]coach purse outlet[/URL] for more detail ZjWMkmrt [URL=http://www.coach--outlet-online.net/ ] http://www.coach--outlet-online.net/ [/URL]

Anonymous said...

IM READY TO START BLOGGING AGAIN

Anonymous said...

http://louisvuittonhandbags.citationguide.net 55990 077783free louis vuitton themes louis vuitton belt on sale hermes ties uk vintage hermes handbags

Unknown said...

I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post....
Travesti

Unknown said...

Thanks for showing up such fabulous information. I have bookmarked you and will remain in line with your new posts. I like this post, keep writing and give informative post...!
Travesti

MH Tofan said...

Nice post, Thanks for your very useful Information, I will bookmark for next reference

James Martin said...

If you are still concerned about your Online Assignment Help , papers, and academic papers then our Assignment Help Service In Ireland is here for you to assist you in the best possible way.

Mia Oscar said...

Nice post keep writing.Writing topics for business research papers is an exceptionally demanding assignment. However, it is additionally an interesting task since it gives you the opportunity to investigate and discover more about a topic alongside conveying your own viewpoints. The following are some tips that can help you in writing a business research paper topic.

Mia Oscar said...


Hey great post i have posted a blog literary devices so take a look on assignmenthelppro website .There I shared types of literary devices and final destination i mean conclusion of literary devices and the best thing is that you know some common literacy devices in English and it's use in academic writing go fast check out my post .