Announcements

Other places you can find me at: here and here.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Throwdown Thursday

This is my first time doing a meme so please bare with me :)

This new meme is brought to you by the brilliant, Kate at The Neverending Shelf. Head on over to her blog and view others' Throwdown Thursday.

(Copied & pasted from Kate) Throwdown Thursday is going to be (hopefully) a weekly thing where we tackle books with similar characters, covers, themes, etc. to determine which one rocks more. And it is up to YOU to determine the winner! To vote for your favorite, simply leave a comment with your choice. The winner will be announced next week with the new Throwdown contestants. [For Kate's TT go to her blog (: ]

This week, I'm posting about two novels I have yet to read, but they both involve a girl who can see faeries.

Lament : The Faerie Queen's Deception
or
Wicked Lovely ?

10 comments:

MeganRebekah said...

I have never read Lament, but I didn't care for Wicked Lovely so I'll for Lament.

Kristen said...

Such a hard choice..... ummmm I'm going for Lament as well.

Unknown said...

So glad you like TT. This could be really fun it lots of people get in on it.

My vote is for Lament!

Frankie Diane Mallis said...

Aj I haven't read Lament yet, liked Wicked Lovely, but LOVE Maggie Stiefvater...based on my love for her though I'm going to say Lament!

Pixie said...

I am going with Lament. Its is my book of the month for mundiemoms, and I would like to see your review.

Lauren said...

This is really hard. I loved both of these. I think I'll have to go with Wicked Lovely because I found it such a visual book and the images have stayed in my head for so long.

a flight of minds said...

I've read Wicked Lovely and really enjoyed it. I tried to read Lament, but something didn't click for me. I only read the first 40 pages or so, but I didn't like it all that much, so stopped. I've only heard amazing things for Maggie Stiefvater though, so I'm thinking of giving Shiver a try.

My vote goes to Wicked Lovely.

- Alex

Anonymous said...

I've never read Lament but my vote will go to Wicked Lovely! Gotta love it!

Marie (MUM) said...

Lament, definitely! Though I haven't read either I just love Laments cover!

Marie

~The Book Pixie said...

Wicked Lovely because I haven't read Lament yet, though I do have it.

~Briana