Announcements

Other places you can find me at: here and here.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Two Way Street = Awesome



Last week, I was googling sites that were giving away ARC's of Catching Fire, and came across a synopsis for Two Way Street:


This is Jordan and Courtney, totally in love. Sure, they were an unlikely high school couple. But they clicked; it worked. They're even going to the same college, and driving cross-country together for orientation.

Then Jordan dumps Courtney -- for a girl he met on the Internet.

It's too late to change plans, so the road trip is on. Courtney's heartbroken, but figures she can tough it out for a few days. La la la -- this is Courtney pretending not to care.
But in a strange twist, Jordan cares. A lot.

Turns out, he's got a secret or two that he's not telling Courtney. And it has everything to do with why they broke up, why they can't get back together, and how, in spite of it all, this couple is destined for each other.


Review: Of course, this immediately captivated me because of my curiousity to find out about the secret and I couldn't wait to read it. So what did I do? I reserved a copy of it online at BN.com and read an exerpt on the author's website, http://laurenbarnholdt.com/


On the day I read it, I couldn't put it down, despite my mom's attempts to make me stop reading and go see the fireworks show in my city. Within a couple of hours, I was finished with the book and like all great novels, it left a deep impression on me.


Review: Lauren Barnholdt is extremely talented in that she has the ability to alternate from past and present in her writing. This book also alternates between the two main characters' point of view. There are many twists in this story and you will not be able to put this book down when you realize what made the two break up. They both truly love each other, but because of the one decision Jordan made to protect Courtney, it resulted in seperation. However, they still have to go on the roadtrip together. Jordan and Courtney even put up shows as to make the other jealous, Jordan with his "girlfriend" and Courtney with her past crush, Lloyd. There are also many funny moments in this book as well as the serious, page turner ones. To sum it up, his novel will leave you breathless! It was an amazing read...



Overall, I give it a 5/5


I loved it to death and wanted there to be more pages after the ending, but the book ended the way it did for a reason, and I was glad it ended the way it did. I seriously loved it so much that I made my very first book trailer for it! I had never used Sony Vegas before so it was a great experience!



My trailer:




You won't be disappointed!

0 comments: