Announcements

Other places you can find me at: here and here.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Shiver



Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Rating: 5/5

Synopsis: For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf--her wolf--is a chilling presence she can't seem to live without. Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl. In summer, a few precious months of being human . . . until the cold makes him shift back again.

Now, Grace meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away. It's her wolf. It has to be. But as winter nears, Sam must fight to stay human--or risk losing himself, and Grace, forever.

Review: After entering multiple contests for this book, I didn't win from any. I was surprised to get a signed ARC copy of it delivered to my house yesterday! It was all due to the lovely Ms. Lauren Barnholdt. Anyway, getting onto the review: I started this morning and just finished it now. All I can say is Shiver turned out to be very breathtaking! The writing and emotion in it was nearly flawless and I enjoyed every word of it. You will laugh at the dialogue between Grace and Sam at times and be surprised at how Maggie Stiefvater creates her own believable werewolf world. Although the ending kind of left me confused, (maybe it was just a cliffhanger?) I'm looking forward to Linger.

1 comments:

Sandy said...

YES. I'm falling in love with Maggie's prose. It is made of beautiful...