Announcements

Other places you can find me at: here and here.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sleepaway Girls and more


Sleepaway Girls by Jen Calonita


Rating: 3.5/5 stars

Synopsis: When Sam's best friend gets her first boyfriend, she's not ready to spend the summer listening to the two of them call each other "pookie." Sick of being a third wheel, Sam applies to be a counselor-in-training at Whispering Pines camp in the New York Catskills. But what she doesn't realize is that it's not going to be all Kumbaya sing-alongs and gooey s'mores. If Ashley, the alpha queen of Whispering Pines, doesn't ruin Sam's summer, then her raging crush on the surfer-blond and flirtatious Hunter just might. At least she has playful Cole, who's always teasing her, but is oh-so-comfortable to hang out with, and the singular gang of girls that become fast friends with Sam-they call themselves the Sleepaway Girls.

Review: I love Jen Calonita's Secrets of My Hollywood Life series, so when she released this book, I HAD to read it. I loved this book because it was a quick --not to mention fun-- read that only took me about 2 and a half hours to finish. I have to admit that some parts were very predictable, but overall I enjoyed reading about the days Sam spent at camp...recommended for those who want an enjoyable summer read during their spare time.

------------------
Contest Alert: Catching Fire

0 comments: