Announcements

Other places you can find me at: here and here.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
Rating: 4.6/5

Synopsis: Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything--including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice

Review: I loveeeeeeed this book. I'd heard fabulous things about it before, but I was hesitant to start it. I mean, another werewolf book? No, thank you. Fortunately, I opened it up and sped through it like it was my only way to survive. I remember going back to reread parts because I didn't want to finish the book. It was just that good. I LOVED Calla. She represented such strength that most girls would die to have. Cremer's hand at a werewolf book is like no other. Starting it, I realized, "Whoa," because it was just SO different from what I usually read in books. It had layers underneath layers, proving that it was a real gem. Do you know how everyone says each book has its own world? Well, I never wanted to leave NIGHTSHADE's.

The only aspect I'm concerned about is the romance. Sure, both boys are lovely, but I felt like I failed to grasp their importance to the story and Calla. To me, the romance never really happened. I hope this improves in the second book.

All in all, NIGHTSHADE is perfect even with its imperfections.

What I thought of...

The Beginning: The first sentence hooked me in right away.

The Middle: SO. MUCH. GOODNESS.

The End: Such a cliffhanger...it pains me to have to wait for the next book D;

I am part of a tour stop for Nightshade! Check back tomorrow for a fanmade trailer :)

FTC: Won an ARC

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

I really loved this! Calla was so awesome! Great review :)

Anonymous said...

[url=http://aluejxfttk.com]ZMQSA[/url] , mdwffJG , http://pyfnknfrtw.com